- Users of the Site Generally “Non-Personally-Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person. “Personally-Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person. Like most website operators, we gather from users of the Site, Non-Personally-Identifying Information of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type and the locations of the websites the user views right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Site. Although such information is not Personally-Identifying Information, it may be possible for us to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet service provider and the geographic location of the visitor’s point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data. We analyze Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from users of the Site to help us better understand how the Site is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Site to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. From time to time, we may also release the Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from Site users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Site.
- Third-Party Advertisers We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information (not including any Personally-Identifying Information) about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in Web Cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. Using a tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative, you can opt out of several third-party ad servers’ and networks’ Web Cookies simultaneously. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please follow the following links: http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please contact us if you would like to know the identity of the third-party advertising companies we are currently using to serve ads. We may allow advertisers to choose the characteristics of users who will see their advertisements, and we may use any of the Non-Personally Identifying Information we have collected (including information you may have decided not to show to other users, such as your birth year or other sensitive personal information or preferences) to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements. We do not identify you to the advertiser.
- Web Beacons A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page or email that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page or an email. We may use Web Beacons on the Site and in emails to users of the Site to count users who have visited particular pages, viewed emails and to deliver co-branded services. Web Beacons are not used to access users’ Personally-Identifying Information. They are a technique we may use to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information, including a Web Cookie number, time and date of a page or email view and a description of the page or email on which the Web Beacon resides. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all Web Cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a Web Cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline Web Cookies on an individual basis.
- Analytics We may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity on the Site, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads).
- Aggregated and Non-Personally-Identifying Information We may share aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Site and on websites of third parties. We may combine Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect with additional Non-Personally Identifying Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Site and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any Personally-Identifying Information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
- Mobile Device Additional Terms o Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access the Site or download any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address. o Geo-Location Information. Unless we have received your prior consent, we do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our mobile application or our Service, except that it may be possible for us to determine from an IP address the geographic location of your point of connectivity, in which case we may gather and use such general location data. o Push Notifications. We send you push notifications if you choose to receive them, letting you know when someone has sent you a message or for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings. o Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information, such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personally-Identifying Information you submit within the mobile application. SOCIAL MEDIA We may provide you the option to connect your account on the Site to your account on some social networking sites for the purpose of logging in, uploading information or enabling certain features on the Site. When logging in using your social network credentials, we may collect the Personally-Identifying Information you have made publicly available on the social networking site, such as your name, profile picture, cover photo, username, gender, friends network, age range, locale, friend list and any other information you have made public. Once connected, other users may also be able to see information about your social network, such as the size of your network and your friends, including common friends. By connecting your account on the Site to your account on any social networking site, you hereby consent to the continuous release of information about you to us. We will not send any of your account information to the connected social networking site without first disclosing that to you. Each social network may further allow you to set privacy controls around your information on their system, and our collection of information will always follow such controls and permissions. This feature is subject to continuous change and improvement by us and each social networking site involved, and therefore the available features and shared information are subject to change without notice to you. We may use hyperlinks on the Site which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “tweet” button or the Google+, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons none, of your data will be sent to the respective social network’s plugin provider. So for example, when you click on the Facebook’s “Like” button on the Site, Facebook will receive your IP address, the browser version and screen resolution, and the operating system of the device you have used to access the Site. Settings regarding privacy protection can be found on the websites of these social networks and are not within our control.
COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE COLLECT, OR YOU MAY PROVIDE TO US
As defined above, Personally-Identifying Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person. When you use the Service, we may collect a range of Personally-Identifying Information from and about users of the Service. Much of the Personally-Identifying Information collected by us about users is information provided by users themselves when (1) registering for the Service, (2) logging in to the Site or the Service with social network credentials, (3) participating in polls, contests, surveys or other features of our Service, or responding to offers or advertisements, (4) communicating with us (including but not limited to e-mail communications), or (5) signing up to receive newsletters from us. That information may include each user’s name, address, company name, job title, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender, age, date of birth, username, hometown and other demographic or relevant information as determined by us from time to time. If you participate in one of our surveys, we will collect the information you provide. If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply. When you order products or services through the Service, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information. In certain circumstances, we may request that you provide us with photocopies of your ID and other related documents for fraud prevention purposes and to verify your identity. While using the Service, you may have the opportunity to provide us with personal information of other individuals (such as their name, email address, telephone number), for purposes of enabling you to use the Service to transmit information, messages, files or data to those individuals. In order to enable such transmissions, such individuals must first register with us to use the Services. You hereby represent, warrant and agree that you will not provide us with any third party personal information unless you have all necessary rights, consents, authorizations and permissions to do so and to permit us to use that information for the purposes noted above, and you hereby authorize us to use such information for those purposes. We may use your Personally-Identifying Information and other information we obtain from your activities on the Site and using the Service to, among other things, resolve disputes between you and us, or between you and another user of the Service, troubleshoot problems, collect fees owed to us by you for use of the Service, to collect consumer data regarding the Service, to inform you about offers and promotions of our or third parties products and services, to customize your experience relative to the Service, to enforce our Licensing Agreement, and to protect against error or misuse of the Site. Users of the Site are under no obligation to provide us with Personally-Identifying Information of any kind, with the caveat that a user’s refusal to do so may prevent the user from purchasing and using the Service.
BY REGISTERING WITH OR USING THE SITE, YOU CONSENT TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS “COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION WE COLLECT, OR YOU MAY PROVIDE TO US” SECTION.
- General Use In general, the Personally-Identifying Information you submit to us may be used to respond to requests that you make relative to the Service, or to aid us in serving you better. We may use your personal information in several ways, including but not limited to the following:
USERS ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM THEIR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
In addition to the foregoing, postings made by you are subject to the following restrictions. By posting on the Site, you agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- Post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, pornographic, or racially, sexually, religiously, politically, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
- Post any communication or solicitation designed or intended to obtain another user’s account information or password.
- Employ spam messages, or post any fake news or fake content, or refer to any site where such content is contained;
- Post any communication for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- Post any communication for any other purpose than stated in this Policy;
- Post any communication for any commercial purpose;
- Post any communication attempting to harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- Post any communication regarding another user’s account without permission;
- Publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer; Any Posting made in violation of the foregoing violates this Policy and may result in the termination or suspension of your access to the Service, and may also result in our pursuit of damages and other remedies from you to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Our Communications We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by the Site that we think you may find valuable. We may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the Service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails at the time of registration or through your account settings, though we reserve the right to send you notices about your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES GENERALLY
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the Personally-Identifying Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of the Personally-Identifying Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personally-Identifying Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to our privacy officer as listed below under the “CONTACT” section.
NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF COUNTRIES OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
We are headquartered and operated in the United States of America. Personally-Identifying Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States of America or to our affiliates, business partners, or service providers elsewhere in the world in connection with the Service. By providing us with Personally-Identifying Information, you consent to this transfer.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, neither the Site nor the Service currently respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.